Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 4:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 04:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.90 meters/second, 1533.2 km/hour, 952.7 miles/hour or 827.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.0"||952.45 mi||West||0° 05' 15.2"||6.02 mi||South||952.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 55.2"||751.12 mi||East||2° 29' 16.9"||171.10 mi||South||775.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sat 12:22 AM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 12:22 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||WSW|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 12:22 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 12:22 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Sat 12:22 AM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||SW|
|Brades||Sat 12:22 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Sat 12:22 AM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||SW|
|Charlestown||Sat 12:22 AM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 12:22 AM||667 km||414 miles||360 nm||W|
|Gustavia||Sat 12:22 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.