Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 04:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 04:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.97 meters/second, 1533.5 km/hour, 952.9 miles/hour or 828.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.88 mi||west||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||south||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 08.4"||952.59 mi||west||0° 05' 16.6"||6.05 mi||south||952.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 46.4"||751.07 mi||east||2° 29' 50.6"||171.74 mi||south||775.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Codrington (Barbuda)||Sat 12:38 AM||151 km||94 miles||82 nm||SW|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sat 12:38 AM||194 km||120 miles||105 nm||SW|
|Gustavia||Sat 12:38 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||WSW|
|Brades||Sat 12:38 AM||247 km||154 miles||134 nm||SW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Sat 12:38 AM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||WSW|
|The Valley||Sat 12:38 AM||252 km||157 miles||136 nm||W|
|Marigot||Sat 12:38 AM||257 km||159 miles||139 nm||W|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Sat 12:38 AM||263 km||163 miles||142 nm||SSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sat 12:38 AM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||SSW|
|Roseau||Sat 12:38 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.