Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 4:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 16:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.77 meters/second, 1543.6 km/hour, 959.1 miles/hour or 833.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.2"||958.90 mi||West||0° 06' 16.3"||7.19 mi||South||959.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 33.3"||748.97 mi||East||2° 52' 06.4"||197.23 mi||South||779.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Sun 12:22 AM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||WSW|
|Baguio City||Sun 12:22 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||W|
|Makati||Sun 12:22 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 12:22 AM||931 km||579 miles||503 nm||WSW|
|Cebu City||Sun 12:22 AM||967 km||601 miles||522 nm||SW|
|Bacolod||Sun 12:22 AM||1001 km||622 miles||540 nm||SW|
|Taipei||Sun 12:22 AM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||NW|
|Davao||Sun 12:22 AM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Sun 1:22 AM||1239 km||770 miles||669 nm||SSE|
|General Santos||Sun 12:22 AM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.