Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 4:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 29, 2012 at 16:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.84 meters/second, 1543.8 km/hour, 959.3 miles/hour or 833.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.99 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||South||15.99 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.4"||959.05 mi||West||0° 06' 17.6"||7.21 mi||South||959.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 24.7"||748.93 mi||East||2° 52' 35.7"||197.79 mi||South||779.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Sun 12:38 AM||541 km||336 miles||292 nm||WSW|
|Tarlac City||Sun 12:38 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Sun 12:38 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||WSW|
|Mabalacat||Sun 12:38 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||WSW|
|Angeles||Sun 12:38 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||WSW|
|Olongapo||Sun 12:38 AM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||WSW|
|Cebu City||Sun 12:38 AM||792 km||492 miles||427 nm||SSW|
|Kaohsiung||Sun 12:38 AM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Sun 12:38 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Sun 12:38 AM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.