Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 4:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 04:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.94 meters/second, 1555.0 km/hour, 966.2 miles/hour or 839.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.10 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.10 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.4"||966.01 mi||West||0° 07' 13.7"||8.29 mi||South||966.33 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 10.7"||747.22 mi||East||3° 13' 14.9"||221.43 mi||South||784.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Sun 1:28 AM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||SSW|
|Bridgetown||Sun 12:28 AM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Sun 1:28 AM||1467 km||911 miles||792 nm||SW|
|Fort-de-France||Sun 12:28 AM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||W|
|Castries||Sun 12:28 AM||1566 km||973 miles||846 nm||W|
|Roseau||Sun 12:28 AM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Sun 12:28 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Sun 12:28 AM||1623 km||1008 miles||876 nm||SW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Sun 12:28 AM||1624 km||1009 miles||877 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Sun 12:28 AM||1636 km||1017 miles||884 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.