Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.26 meters/second, 1559.7 km/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.9"||968.96 mi||West||0° 07' 35.6"||8.70 mi||South||969.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 44.7"||746.70 mi||East||3° 21' 11.0"||230.51 mi||South||786.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Vallarta||Sun 3:20 AM||1397 km||868 miles||755 nm||ENE|
|Mazatlan||Sun 2:20 AM||1430 km||888 miles||772 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Sun 3:20 AM||1583 km||984 miles||855 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 2:20 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Sun 3:20 AM||1733 km||1077 miles||936 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Sun 3:20 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||952 nm||ENE|
|Acapulco||Sun 3:20 AM||1866 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||E|
|San Luis Potosi||Sun 3:20 AM||1871 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||ENE|
|Tijuana||Sun 1:20 AM||1897 km||1179 miles||1024 nm||N|
|San Diego||Sun 1:20 AM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.