Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.49 meters/second, 1560.6 km/hour, 969.7 miles/hour or 842.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.0"||969.47 mi||West||0° 07' 39.2"||8.77 mi||South||969.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 20.3"||746.62 mi||East||3° 22' 30.5"||232.03 mi||South||787.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sun 2:10 AM||2280 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||NNE|
|San Diego||Sun 2:10 AM||2290 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 2:10 AM||2359 km||1466 miles||1273 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali||Sun 2:10 AM||2381 km||1480 miles||1286 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 3:10 AM||2430 km||1510 miles||1312 nm||NE|
|San Jose (USA)||Sun 2:10 AM||2551 km||1585 miles||1378 nm||NNE|
|Mazatlan||Sun 3:10 AM||2563 km||1593 miles||1384 nm||ENE|
|San Francisco||Sun 2:10 AM||2584 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Sun 3:10 AM||2660 km||1653 miles||1436 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Sun 2:10 AM||2706 km||1682 miles||1461 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.