Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 10:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 10:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.58 meters/second, 1560.9 km/hour, 969.9 miles/hour or 842.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.6"||969.68 mi||West||0° 07' 40.6"||8.80 mi||South||970.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 10.7"||746.59 mi||East||3° 23' 02.0"||232.63 mi||South||787.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana||Sun 2:30 AM||2585 km||1606 miles||1396 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Sun 12:30 AM||2585 km||1606 miles||1396 nm||WNW|
|San Diego||Sun 2:30 AM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||NE|
|Los Angeles||Sun 2:30 AM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Sun 2:30 AM||2753 km||1711 miles||1487 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 3:30 AM||2836 km||1762 miles||1532 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:30 AM||2939 km||1826 miles||1587 nm||WSW|
|Las Vegas||Sun 2:30 AM||2989 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Sun 3:30 AM||3005 km||1867 miles||1623 nm||NE|
|Salt Lake City||Sun 3:30 AM||3557 km||2210 miles||1921 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.