Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 10:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 30, 2012 at 10:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.61 meters/second, 1561.0 km/hour, 970.0 miles/hour or 842.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.17 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||16.17 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.7"||969.76 mi||West||0° 07' 41.2"||8.81 mi||South||970.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 06.8"||746.58 mi||East||3° 23' 14.7"||232.87 mi||South||787.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 12:38 AM||2389 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||WNW|
|Los Angeles||Sun 2:38 AM||2752 km||1710 miles||1486 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:38 AM||2756 km||1713 miles||1488 nm||WSW|
|San Francisco||Sun 2:38 AM||2840 km||1765 miles||1534 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Sun 3:38 AM||3006 km||1868 miles||1623 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas||Sun 2:38 AM||3116 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||NE|
|Phoenix||Sun 3:38 AM||3153 km||1959 miles||1703 nm||NE|
|Salt Lake City||Sun 3:38 AM||3675 km||2283 miles||1984 nm||NE|
|Seattle||Sun 2:38 AM||3810 km||2367 miles||2057 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Sun 12:38 AM||3912 km||2431 miles||2112 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.