Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.41 meters/second, 1581.9 km/hour, 982.9 miles/hour or 854.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 14.0"||982.77 mi||West||0° 09' 06.7"||10.44 mi||South||983.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 27.7"||746.46 mi||East||3° 53' 42.3"||267.71 mi||South||797.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Vicente||Mon 2:10 AM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 2:10 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||N|
|San Miguel||Mon 2:10 AM||171 km||107 miles||93 nm||NE|
|Santa Ana||Mon 2:10 AM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||NNW|
|León||Mon 2:10 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||E|
|Tegucigalpa||Mon 2:10 AM||292 km||182 miles||158 nm||NE|
|Escuintla||Mon 2:10 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||NW|
|Guatemala||Mon 2:10 AM||306 km||190 miles||165 nm||NNW|
|Managua||Mon 2:10 AM||310 km||193 miles||167 nm||E|
|Masaya||Mon 2:10 AM||329 km||204 miles||178 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.