Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.79 meters/second, 1586.8 km/hour, 986.0 miles/hour or 856.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 19.3"||985.86 mi||West||0° 09' 25.4"||10.80 mi||South||986.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 00.3"||747.07 mi||East||4° 00' 12.5"||275.15 mi||South||800.46 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 3:34 AM||1512 km||940 miles||817 nm||NE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 3:34 AM||1549 km||962 miles||836 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Mon 1:34 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 2:34 AM||2122 km||1318 miles||1146 nm||NNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 2:34 AM||2330 km||1448 miles||1258 nm||S|
|Majuro||Tue 1:34 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Tue 1:34 AM||2410 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 1:34 AM||2643 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Tue 3:34 AM||2827 km||1757 miles||1527 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Tue 1:34 AM||2894 km||1799 miles||1563 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.