Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.99 meters/second, 1587.6 km/hour, 986.5 miles/hour or 857.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.3"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.1"||986.32 mi||West||0° 09' 28.1"||10.85 mi||South||986.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 48.6"||747.19 mi||East||4° 01' 10.2"||276.25 mi||South||800.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 2:24 AM||1080 km||671 miles||583 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:24 AM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:24 AM||1353 km||841 miles||731 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:24 AM||1710 km||1063 miles||923 nm||WNW|
|Midway||Mon 3:24 AM||1892 km||1176 miles||1022 nm||N|
|Yaren||Tue 2:24 AM||1972 km||1225 miles||1065 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:24 AM||2191 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:24 AM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 1:24 AM||2477 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:24 AM||2584 km||1606 miles||1395 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.