Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.03 meters/second, 1587.7 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.2"||986.41 mi||West||0° 09' 28.8"||10.86 mi||South||986.74 mi|
|24 hours||348° 59' 13.6"||747.22 mi||West||4° 01' 21.7"||276.46 mi||South||801.01 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 2:34 AM||846 km||526 miles||457 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:34 AM||1211 km||753 miles||654 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:34 AM||1373 km||853 miles||741 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:34 AM||1496 km||929 miles||808 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Tue 2:34 AM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 3:34 AM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:34 AM||2190 km||1361 miles||1182 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 1:34 AM||2216 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:34 AM||2581 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:34 AM||2821 km||1753 miles||1523 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.