Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, December 31, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:22 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:58 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.04 meters/second, 1587.7 km/hour, 986.6 miles/hour or 857.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.44 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.2"||986.42 mi||west||0° 09' 28.8"||10.86 mi||south||986.75 mi|
|24 hours||348° 59' 13.9"||747.22 mi||west||4° 01' 23.0"||276.49 mi||south||801.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 2:34 AM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:34 AM||1198 km||744 miles||647 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:34 AM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||SSE|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:34 AM||1473 km||915 miles||795 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Tue 2:34 AM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 3:34 AM||1952 km||1213 miles||1054 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Tue 1:34 AM||2186 km||1358 miles||1180 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:34 AM||2192 km||1362 miles||1183 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:34 AM||2593 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Mon 4:34 AM||2847 km||1769 miles||1537 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.