Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.08 meters/second, 1587.9 km/hour, 986.7 miles/hour or 857.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 20.3"||986.53 mi||West||0° 09' 29.4"||10.87 mi||South||986.85 mi|
|24 hours||348° 59' 16.2"||747.25 mi||West||4° 01' 35.5"||276.73 mi||South||801.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 2:46 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 2:46 AM||1104 km||686 miles||596 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Tue 2:46 AM||1261 km||784 miles||681 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Mon 2:46 AM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 2:46 AM||1574 km||978 miles||850 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 1:46 AM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Mon 3:46 AM||2046 km||1272 miles||1105 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Tue 2:46 AM||2232 km||1387 miles||1205 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Tue 3:46 AM||2744 km||1705 miles||1481 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Tue 1:46 AM||2822 km||1753 miles||1524 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.