Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.28 meters/second, 1588.6 km/hour, 987.1 miles/hour or 857.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.0"||986.97 mi||West||0° 09' 32.1"||10.92 mi||South||987.29 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 33.2"||747.37 mi||East||4° 02' 30.0"||277.76 mi||South||801.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 2:34 AM||729 km||453 miles||394 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 3:34 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Tue 3:34 AM||991 km||616 miles||535 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Tue 3:34 AM||1346 km||836 miles||727 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:34 AM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 1:34 AM||2036 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||W|
|Honiara||Tue 2:34 AM||2298 km||1428 miles||1241 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:34 AM||2539 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Mon 4:34 AM||2767 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||NE|
|Funafuti||Tue 3:34 AM||2792 km||1735 miles||1507 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.