Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 3:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 15:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.29 meters/second, 1588.6 km/hour, 987.1 miles/hour or 857.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 21.1"||986.99 mi||West||0° 09' 32.2"||10.92 mi||South||987.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 32.7"||747.38 mi||East||4° 02' 32.1"||277.81 mi||South||801.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Tue 3:36 AM||598 km||371 miles||323 nm||ESE|
|Kolonia||Tue 2:36 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 2:36 AM||688 km||428 miles||372 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Tue 3:36 AM||997 km||619 miles||538 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Tue 3:36 AM||1038 km||645 miles||561 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Tue 3:36 AM||1363 km||847 miles||736 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Tue 3:36 AM||1551 km||964 miles||837 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 1:36 AM||1984 km||1233 miles||1071 nm||W|
|Honiara||Tue 2:36 AM||2290 km||1423 miles||1236 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:36 AM||2586 km||1607 miles||1396 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.