Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 90%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.57 meters/second, 1589.7 km/hour, 987.8 miles/hour or 858.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.46 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.46 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 22.2"||987.62 mi||West||0° 09' 36.0"||11.00 mi||South||987.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 18.3"||747.58 mi||East||4° 03' 50.4"||279.30 mi||South||802.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Tue 2:46 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Tue 2:46 AM||477 km||296 miles||258 nm||N|
|Weno||Tue 2:46 AM||759 km||472 miles||410 nm||ESE|
|Colonia||Tue 2:46 AM||862 km||535 miles||465 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Tue 1:46 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Tue 3:46 AM||1422 km||883 miles||768 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Tue 1:46 AM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 1:46 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 2:46 AM||2254 km||1401 miles||1217 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Tue 4:46 AM||2417 km||1502 miles||1305 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.