Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 31, 2012 at 9:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 31, 2012 at 21:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.76 meters/second, 1593.9 km/hour, 990.4 miles/hour or 860.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 26.1"||990.28 mi||West||0° 09' 51.7"||11.30 mi||South||990.59 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 29.3"||748.59 mi||East||4° 09' 10.9"||285.40 mi||South||805.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kavaratti||Tue 3:16 AM||78 km||49 miles||42 nm||NW|
|Kochi||Tue 3:16 AM||342 km||213 miles||185 nm||E|
|Mangaluru||Tue 3:16 AM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||NNE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Tue 2:46 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||S|
|Coimbatore||Tue 3:16 AM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||ENE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Tue 3:16 AM||451 km||280 miles||244 nm||ESE|
|Theni||Tue 3:16 AM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||E|
|Madurai||Tue 3:16 AM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||E|
|Bengaluru||Tue 3:16 AM||576 km||358 miles||311 nm||NE|
|Hubballi||Tue 3:16 AM||621 km||386 miles||335 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.