Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 02:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.86 meters/second, 1597.9 kilometres/hour, 992.9 miles/hour or 862.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 29.1"||992.76 mi||West||0° 10' 06.3"||11.57 mi||South||993.07 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 01.5"||749.90 mi||East||4° 14' 04.4"||290.99 mi||South||807.93 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sokodé||Tue 2:44 AM||37 km||23 miles||20 nm||SE|
|Kara||Tue 2:44 AM||42 km||26 miles||23 nm||NE|
|Djougou||Tue 3:44 AM||93 km||58 miles||50 nm||ENE|
|Natitingou||Tue 3:44 AM||125 km||78 miles||68 nm||NNE|
|Mango||Tue 2:44 AM||132 km||82 miles||71 nm||NNW|
|Parakou||Tue 3:44 AM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||E|
|Atakpamé||Tue 2:44 AM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||S|
|Tamale||Tue 2:44 AM||197 km||122 miles||106 nm||W|
|Savé||Tue 3:44 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||SE|
|Bohicon||Tue 3:44 AM||261 km||162 miles||141 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.