Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:44:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 08:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.10 meters/second, 1602.4 km/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 31.8"||995.54 mi||West||0° 10' 22.6"||11.88 mi||South||995.83 mi|
|24 hours||10° 58' 57.6"||751.88 mi||East||4° 19' 25.6"||297.11 mi||South||811.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alajuela||Tue 2:44 AM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Tue 2:44 AM||308 km||192 miles||167 nm||NE|
|Masaya||Tue 2:44 AM||414 km||257 miles||224 nm||N|
|David||Tue 3:44 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||E|
|Managua||Tue 2:44 AM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||N|
|Matagalpa||Tue 2:44 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||N|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Tue 3:44 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||E|
|San Miguel||Tue 2:44 AM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||NNW|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 2:44 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Tue 2:44 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.