Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 08:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.11 meters/second, 1602.4 km/hour, 995.7 miles/hour or 865.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 31.9"||995.56 mi||West||0° 10' 22.7"||11.89 mi||South||995.84 mi|
|24 hours||10° 58' 57.7"||751.89 mi||East||4° 19' 27.3"||297.15 mi||South||811.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Alajuela||Tue 2:46 AM||345 km||215 miles||187 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Tue 2:46 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||ENE|
|Masaya||Tue 2:46 AM||421 km||262 miles||227 nm||N|
|Managua||Tue 2:46 AM||438 km||272 miles||236 nm||N|
|David||Tue 3:46 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||E|
|Matagalpa||Tue 2:46 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||N|
|San Miguel||Tue 2:46 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NNW|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Tue 3:46 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||E|
|Tegucigalpa||Tue 2:46 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Tue 2:46 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.