Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 1:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 13:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.98 meters/second, 1605.5 km/hour, 997.6 miles/hour or 866.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.1"||997.51 mi||West||0° 10' 34.2"||12.11 mi||South||997.78 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 18.8"||753.75 mi||East||4° 23' 09.7"||301.38 mi||South||814.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:24 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:24 AM||1587 km||986 miles||857 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:24 AM||2602 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:24 AM||2648 km||1645 miles||1430 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 3:24 AM||2806 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||S|
|Apia *||Wed 3:24 AM||3051 km||1896 miles||1647 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 3:24 AM||3228 km||2006 miles||1743 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 2:24 AM||3354 km||2084 miles||1811 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 2:24 AM||3400 km||2113 miles||1836 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:24 AM||3441 km||2138 miles||1858 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.