Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 1:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 13:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.04 meters/second, 1605.7 km/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.2"||997.64 mi||West||0° 10' 35.0"||12.12 mi||South||997.91 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 21.2"||753.89 mi||East||4° 23' 24.9"||301.67 mi||South||814.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:44 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:44 AM||1549 km||962 miles||836 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:44 AM||2094 km||1301 miles||1131 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:44 AM||2291 km||1423 miles||1237 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 3:44 AM||2735 km||1699 miles||1477 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Tue 3:44 AM||2943 km||1829 miles||1589 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:44 AM||2988 km||1857 miles||1613 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 2:44 AM||3009 km||1870 miles||1625 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 2:44 AM||3157 km||1962 miles||1705 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 3:44 AM||3164 km||1966 miles||1708 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.