Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.04 meters/second, 1605.8 km/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.2"||997.65 mi||West||0° 10' 35.1"||12.12 mi||South||997.92 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 21.4"||753.90 mi||East||4° 23' 26.5"||301.70 mi||South||814.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:46 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Tue 3:46 AM||1554 km||966 miles||839 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:46 AM||2044 km||1270 miles||1104 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:46 AM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 3:46 AM||2707 km||1682 miles||1462 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:46 AM||2944 km||1829 miles||1590 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Tue 3:46 AM||2962 km||1840 miles||1599 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Tue 2:46 AM||2977 km||1850 miles||1608 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:46 AM||3120 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||W|
|Alofi||Tue 2:46 AM||3137 km||1949 miles||1694 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.