Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.11 meters/second, 1606.0 km/hour, 997.9 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.2"||997.80 mi||West||0° 10' 36.0"||12.14 mi||South||998.07 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 24.1"||754.07 mi||East||4° 23' 42.9"||302.01 mi||South||815.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:08 AM||1026 km||637 miles||554 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:08 AM||1512 km||940 miles||816 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:08 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:08 AM||1972 km||1226 miles||1065 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:08 AM||2459 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:08 AM||2489 km||1547 miles||1344 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:08 AM||2543 km||1580 miles||1373 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:08 AM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||W|
|Midway||Tue 3:08 AM||2665 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:08 AM||2967 km||1843 miles||1602 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.