Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.12 meters/second, 1606.0 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.2"||997.84 mi||West||0° 10' 36.2"||12.14 mi||South||998.11 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 24.9"||754.11 mi||East||4° 23' 47.5"||302.10 mi||South||815.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:14 AM||1160 km||720 miles||626 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:14 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:14 AM||1799 km||1118 miles||971 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:14 AM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:14 AM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:14 AM||2387 km||1483 miles||1289 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:14 AM||2411 km||1498 miles||1302 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:14 AM||2486 km||1545 miles||1342 nm||W|
|Midway||Tue 3:14 AM||2595 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Tue 3:14 AM||2939 km||1826 miles||1587 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.