Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.15 meters/second, 1606.2 km/hour, 998.0 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.3"||997.90 mi||West||0° 10' 36.6"||12.15 mi||South||998.17 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 26.2"||754.18 mi||East||4° 23' 54.9"||302.24 mi||South||815.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 2:24 AM||1162 km||722 miles||628 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:24 AM||1395 km||867 miles||753 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:24 AM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:24 AM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:24 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1149 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:24 AM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:24 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:24 AM||2355 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 3:24 AM||2494 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Wed 2:24 AM||2839 km||1764 miles||1533 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.