Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.19 meters/second, 1606.3 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.3"||997.98 mi||West||0° 10' 37.1"||12.16 mi||South||998.25 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 27.9"||754.27 mi||East||4° 24' 03.8"||302.41 mi||South||815.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Tue 2:36 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:36 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:36 AM||1692 km||1051 miles||913 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:36 AM||1823 km||1132 miles||984 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:36 AM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||S|
|Majuro||Wed 2:36 AM||1877 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:36 AM||2016 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:36 AM||2151 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||NE|
|Apia *||Wed 4:36 AM||2327 km||1446 miles||1257 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 3:36 AM||2402 km||1493 miles||1297 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.