Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.21 meters/second, 1606.4 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.3"||998.03 mi||West||0° 10' 37.4"||12.17 mi||South||998.30 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 28.9"||754.33 mi||East||4° 24' 09.6"||302.52 mi||South||815.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 2:44 AM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:44 AM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:44 AM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:44 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:44 AM||1894 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:44 AM||1914 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:44 AM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Wed 2:44 AM||2330 km||1448 miles||1258 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:44 AM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||S|
|Midway||Tue 3:44 AM||2362 km||1468 miles||1275 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.