Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.22 meters/second, 1606.4 km/hour, 998.2 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.3"||998.05 mi||West||0° 10' 37.5"||12.17 mi||South||998.31 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 29.3"||754.35 mi||East||4° 24' 11.2"||302.55 mi||South||815.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Tue 2:46 AM||760 km||472 miles||411 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:46 AM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:46 AM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:46 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:46 AM||1856 km||1153 miles||1002 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:46 AM||1891 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:46 AM||1945 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Wed 2:46 AM||2280 km||1416 miles||1231 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 4:46 AM||2337 km||1452 miles||1262 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Tue 4:46 AM||2341 km||1454 miles||1264 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.