Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.24 meters/second, 1606.5 km/hour, 998.2 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.3"||998.10 mi||West||0° 10' 37.8"||12.17 mi||South||998.36 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 30.3"||754.41 mi||East||4° 24' 17.0"||302.66 mi||South||815.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 2:54 AM||772 km||480 miles||417 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:54 AM||1377 km||856 miles||744 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:54 AM||1396 km||867 miles||754 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:54 AM||1814 km||1127 miles||979 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:54 AM||1902 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 2:54 AM||2080 km||1293 miles||1123 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:54 AM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:54 AM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||NW|
|Midway||Tue 3:54 AM||2335 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||N|
|Apia *||Wed 4:54 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.