Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.25 meters/second, 1606.5 km/hour, 998.2 miles/hour or 867.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.3"||998.11 mi||West||0° 10' 37.8"||12.18 mi||South||998.38 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 30.6"||754.42 mi||East||4° 24' 18.4"||302.69 mi||South||815.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Tue 2:56 AM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:56 AM||769 km||478 miles||415 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:56 AM||1329 km||826 miles||718 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 2:56 AM||1342 km||834 miles||725 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:56 AM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:56 AM||1917 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 2:56 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1097 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 4:56 AM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:56 AM||2266 km||1408 miles||1224 nm||NW|
|Midway||Tue 3:56 AM||2333 km||1450 miles||1260 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.