Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 15:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.33 meters/second, 1606.8 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.4"||998.29 mi||West||0° 10' 38.9"||12.20 mi||South||998.56 mi|
|24 hours||349° 00' 25.2"||754.64 mi||West||4° 24' 38.8"||303.08 mi||South||815.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 3:24 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:24 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||SSW|
|Tabiteuea||Wed 3:24 AM||941 km||584 miles||508 nm||SSW|
|Kwajalein||Wed 3:24 AM||1010 km||628 miles||545 nm||W|
|Howland Island||Tue 3:24 AM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:24 AM||1070 km||665 miles||577 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 3:24 AM||1378 km||856 miles||744 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:24 AM||1738 km||1080 miles||938 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:24 AM||1745 km||1084 miles||942 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 2:24 AM||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.