Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 15:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.33 meters/second, 1606.8 km/hour, 998.4 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.4"||998.30 mi||West||0° 10' 39.0"||12.20 mi||South||998.57 mi|
|24 hours||349° 00' 25.0"||754.65 mi||West||4° 24' 40.3"||303.11 mi||South||815.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 3:26 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:26 AM||721 km||448 miles||390 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:26 AM||1108 km||688 miles||598 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 3:26 AM||1335 km||830 miles||721 nm||SW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:26 AM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:26 AM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||S|
|Palikir||Wed 2:26 AM||2000 km||1242 miles||1080 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:26 AM||2288 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||SE|
|Midway||Tue 4:26 AM||2435 km||1513 miles||1315 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:26 AM||2568 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.