Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.36 meters/second, 1606.9 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.4"||998.36 mi||West||0° 10' 39.3"||12.20 mi||South||998.62 mi|
|24 hours||349° 00' 23.8"||754.71 mi||West||4° 24' 46.1"||303.22 mi||South||815.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 3:34 AM||325 km||202 miles||175 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:34 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:34 AM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:34 AM||1271 km||790 miles||686 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:34 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Wed 2:34 AM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:34 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:34 AM||2420 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:34 AM||2422 km||1505 miles||1308 nm||SE|
|Midway||Tue 4:34 AM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.