Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.39 meters/second, 1607.0 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.4"||998.43 mi||West||0° 10' 39.8"||12.21 mi||South||998.70 mi|
|24 hours||349° 00' 21.8"||754.80 mi||West||4° 24' 54.7"||303.38 mi||South||816.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 3:46 AM||10 km||6 miles||6 nm||NNW|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:46 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 3:46 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:46 AM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Wed 2:46 AM||1464 km||910 miles||791 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:46 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:46 AM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:46 AM||2217 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 4:46 AM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:46 AM||2645 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.