Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.39 meters/second, 1607.0 km/hour, 998.5 miles/hour or 867.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||south||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.4"||998.43 mi||west||0° 10' 39.8"||12.21 mi||south||998.70 mi|
|24 hours||349° 00' 21.8"||754.80 mi||west||4° 24' 54.7"||303.38 mi||south||816.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 3:46 AM||29 km||18 miles||15 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:46 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 3:46 AM||971 km||604 miles||525 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:46 AM||1453 km||903 miles||785 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Wed 2:46 AM||1464 km||909 miles||790 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:46 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:46 AM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:46 AM||2217 km||1378 miles||1197 nm||SW|
|Midway||Tue 4:46 AM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Wed 4:46 AM||2642 km||1642 miles||1427 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.