Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.42 meters/second, 1607.1 km/hour, 998.6 miles/hour or 867.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.6"||998.50 mi||West||0° 10' 40.2"||12.22 mi||South||998.76 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 39.6"||754.88 mi||East||4° 25' 01.8"||303.52 mi||South||816.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Wed 3:56 AM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:56 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:56 AM||759 km||471 miles||410 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 3:56 AM||862 km||536 miles||466 nm||SSW|
|Palikir||Wed 2:56 AM||1196 km||743 miles||646 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:56 AM||1385 km||861 miles||748 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Tue 3:56 AM||1779 km||1106 miles||961 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 3:56 AM||2054 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:56 AM||2072 km||1288 miles||1119 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Wed 2:56 AM||2734 km||1699 miles||1476 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.