Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 4:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 16:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.45 meters/second, 1607.2 km/hour, 998.7 miles/hour or 867.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.6"||998.56 mi||West||0° 10' 40.5"||12.23 mi||South||998.82 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 41.1"||754.96 mi||East||4° 25' 09.1"||303.65 mi||South||816.32 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kwajalein||Wed 4:06 AM||236 km||147 miles||128 nm||NNE|
|Majuro||Wed 4:06 AM||533 km||331 miles||288 nm||E|
|Yaren||Wed 4:06 AM||829 km||515 miles||448 nm||S|
|Kolonia||Wed 3:06 AM||923 km||574 miles||498 nm||W|
|Palikir||Wed 3:06 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Wed 4:06 AM||940 km||584 miles||508 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 4:06 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||N|
|Honiara||Wed 3:06 AM||1953 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:06 AM||2025 km||1259 miles||1094 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 4:06 AM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.