Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 17:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.72 meters/second, 1608.2 km/hour, 999.3 miles/hour or 868.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.65 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||south||16.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.6"||999.18 mi||west||0° 10' 44.3"||12.30 mi||south||999.43 mi|
|24 hours||10° 59' 58.7"||755.76 mi||east||4° 26' 18.7"||304.98 mi||south||817.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Wed 3:46 AM||801 km||498 miles||432 nm||NNE|
|Melekeok||Wed 2:46 AM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||W|
|Saipan||Wed 3:46 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Wed 2:46 AM||1032 km||641 miles||557 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Wed 2:46 AM||1238 km||769 miles||669 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Wed 4:46 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||E|
|Davao||Wed 1:46 AM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Wed 3:46 AM||1860 km||1156 miles||1004 nm||SSE|
|General Santos||Wed 1:46 AM||1899 km||1180 miles||1025 nm||W|
|Manado||Wed 1:46 AM||2023 km||1257 miles||1092 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.