Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.09 meters/second, 1609.5 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.6"||1000.01 mi||West||0° 10' 49.3"||12.40 mi||South||1000.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 28.7"||756.96 mi||East||4° 27' 52.6"||306.77 mi||South||819.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cần Thơ||Wed 3:08 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NNW|
|Ho Chi Minh||Wed 3:08 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||NNW|
|Kuantan||Wed 4:08 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||WSW|
|Kuching||Wed 4:08 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||SSE|
|Phnom Penh||Wed 3:08 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||NNW|
|Nha Trang||Wed 3:08 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||NNE|
|Sihanoukville||Wed 3:08 AM||686 km||426 miles||370 nm||NW|
|Johor Bahru||Wed 4:08 AM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||SW|
|Tanjung Pinang||Wed 3:08 AM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||SSW|
|Singapore||Wed 4:08 AM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.