Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 20:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.13 meters/second, 1609.7 kilometres/hour, 1000.2 miles/hour or 869.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.6"||1000.10 mi||West||0° 10' 50.0"||12.41 mi||South||1000.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 32.5"||757.10 mi||East||4° 28' 02.8"||306.97 mi||South||819.20 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuala Terengganu||Wed 4:24 AM||136 km||85 miles||73 nm||SW|
|Kota Bharu||Wed 4:24 AM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||W|
|Kuantan||Wed 4:24 AM||273 km||170 miles||147 nm||SSW|
|Ipoh||Wed 4:24 AM||366 km||228 miles||198 nm||WSW|
|Hat Yai||Wed 3:24 AM||405 km||251 miles||218 nm||WNW|
|Alor Setar||Wed 4:24 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||W|
|George Town||Wed 4:24 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||WSW|
|Kuala Lumpur||Wed 4:24 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||SW|
|Kangar||Wed 4:24 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||W|
|Shah Alam||Wed 4:24 AM||442 km||275 miles||239 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.