Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 8:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 20:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.19 meters/second, 1609.9 km/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.4"||1000.22 mi||West||0° 10' 50.7"||12.42 mi||South||1000.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 37.9"||757.30 mi||East||4° 28' 16.7"||307.23 mi||South||819.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Langkawi||Wed 4:46 AM||130 km||81 miles||70 nm||E|
|Alor Setar||Wed 4:46 AM||185 km||115 miles||100 nm||E|
|George Town||Wed 4:46 AM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||ESE|
|Phuket||Wed 3:46 AM||199 km||124 miles||107 nm||N|
|Hat Yai||Wed 3:46 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||ENE|
|Medan||Wed 3:46 AM||279 km||173 miles||151 nm||S|
|Ipoh||Wed 4:46 AM||315 km||196 miles||170 nm||ESE|
|Pematangsiantar||Wed 3:46 AM||351 km||218 miles||189 nm||S|
|Banda Aceh||Wed 3:46 AM||379 km||236 miles||205 nm||W|
|Kuala Lumpur||Wed 4:46 AM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.