Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 9:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 21:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.36 meters/second, 1610.5 km/hour, 1000.7 miles/hour or 869.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.3"||1000.61 mi||West||0° 10' 53.1"||12.47 mi||South||1000.85 mi|
|24 hours||11° 00' 55.6"||757.93 mi||East||4° 29' 00.0"||308.05 mi||South||820.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galle||Wed 3:26 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||W|
|Kalmunai||Wed 3:26 AM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||N|
|Kandy||Wed 3:26 AM||196 km||122 miles||106 nm||NW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Wed 3:26 AM||229 km||142 miles||123 nm||WNW|
|Kurunegala||Wed 3:26 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||NW|
|Colombo||Wed 3:26 AM||237 km||148 miles||128 nm||WNW|
|Trincomalee||Wed 3:26 AM||301 km||187 miles||163 nm||N|
|Madurai||Wed 3:26 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||NW|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Wed 3:26 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||WNW|
|Theni||Wed 3:26 AM||653 km||406 miles||353 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.