Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.48 meters/second, 1610.9 km/hour, 1001.0 miles/hour or 869.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 33.1"||1000.87 mi||West||0° 10' 54.7"||12.50 mi||South||1001.11 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 09.3"||758.40 mi||East||4° 29' 29.9"||308.63 mi||South||820.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kulhudhuffushi||Wed 3:46 AM||395 km||245 miles||213 nm||ENE|
|Male||Wed 3:46 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||ESE|
|Addu City||Wed 3:46 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||SSE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Wed 4:16 AM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||ENE|
|Mangaluru||Wed 4:16 AM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||NE|
|Madurai||Wed 4:16 AM||1045 km||649 miles||564 nm||ENE|
|Colombo||Wed 4:16 AM||1142 km||710 miles||617 nm||E|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Wed 4:16 AM||1147 km||713 miles||619 nm||E|
|Bengaluru||Wed 4:16 AM||1183 km||735 miles||639 nm||NE|
|Anantapur||Wed 4:16 AM||1319 km||820 miles||712 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.