Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 1:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 01:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.80 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 32.6"||1001.59 mi||West||0° 10' 59.4"||12.59 mi||South||1001.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 01' 52.4"||759.77 mi||East||4° 30' 51.0"||310.17 mi||South||822.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arba Minch||Wed 4:08 AM||273 km||170 miles||147 nm||ENE|
|Jimma||Wed 4:08 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||NE|
|Juba||Wed 4:08 AM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||W|
|Awasa||Wed 4:08 AM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||ENE|
|Lira||Wed 4:08 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||SW|
|Gulu||Wed 4:08 AM||427 km||265 miles||231 nm||SW|
|Nekemte||Wed 4:08 AM||443 km||275 miles||239 nm||NNE|
|Mbale||Wed 4:08 AM||482 km||300 miles||260 nm||SSW|
|Addis Ababa||Wed 4:08 AM||567 km||353 miles||306 nm||NE|
|Adama||Wed 4:08 AM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.