Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 3:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 80%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 03:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.14 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 31.7"||1002.37 mi||West||0° 11' 04.5"||12.68 mi||South||1002.58 mi|
|24 hours||11° 02' 51.4"||761.50 mi||East||4° 32' 18.8"||311.84 mi||South||824.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Divo||Wed 3:56 AM||116 km||72 miles||62 nm||N|
|San Pédro||Wed 3:56 AM||124 km||77 miles||67 nm||W|
|Abidjan||Wed 3:56 AM||176 km||110 miles||95 nm||ENE|
|Yamoussoukro||Wed 3:56 AM||225 km||140 miles||121 nm||N|
|Harper||Wed 3:56 AM||248 km||154 miles||134 nm||W|
|Daloa||Wed 3:56 AM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||NNW|
|Bouaké||Wed 3:56 AM||324 km||202 miles||175 nm||N|
|Man||Wed 3:56 AM||366 km||227 miles||198 nm||NW|
|Dabakala||Wed 3:56 AM||412 km||256 miles||222 nm||NNE|
|Kumasi||Wed 3:56 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.