Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 9:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 78%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.75 meters/second, 1615.5 km/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 28.5"||1003.72 mi||West||0° 11' 14.1"||12.87 mi||South||1003.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 05' 23.4"||765.49 mi||East||4° 34' 53.4"||314.79 mi||South||828.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 3:46 AM||517 km||321 miles||279 nm||S|
|Liberia||Wed 3:46 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NE|
|Alajuela||Wed 3:46 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Wed 3:46 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||NE|
|David||Wed 4:46 AM||1020 km||634 miles||551 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Wed 3:46 AM||1036 km||644 miles||559 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Wed 3:46 AM||1111 km||691 miles||600 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Wed 3:46 AM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Wed 3:46 AM||1199 km||745 miles||647 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Wed 3:46 AM||1205 km||749 miles||651 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.