Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.09 meters/second, 1616.7 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 25.1"||1004.48 mi||West||0° 11' 20.2"||12.98 mi||South||1004.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 43.6"||768.81 mi||East||4° 36' 23.5"||316.51 mi||South||832.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:08 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:08 AM||2083 km||1295 miles||1125 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Wed 4:08 AM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:08 AM||2355 km||1463 miles||1271 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:08 AM||2536 km||1576 miles||1369 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 4:08 AM||2709 km||1683 miles||1463 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:08 AM||2746 km||1706 miles||1483 nm||SSW|
|Alofi||Wed 3:08 AM||2999 km||1863 miles||1619 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:08 AM||3248 km||2018 miles||1754 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 3:08 AM||3534 km||2196 miles||1908 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.