Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 2:24:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.11 meters/second, 1616.8 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.9"||1004.52 mi||West||0° 11' 20.6"||12.99 mi||South||1004.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 53.0"||769.02 mi||East||4° 36' 28.3"||316.60 mi||South||832.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:24 AM||117 km||72 miles||63 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:24 AM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:24 AM||2043 km||1270 miles||1103 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:24 AM||2107 km||1309 miles||1138 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 4:24 AM||2410 km||1497 miles||1301 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 4:24 AM||2426 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:24 AM||2673 km||1661 miles||1443 nm||S|
|Alofi||Wed 3:24 AM||2766 km||1719 miles||1494 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:24 AM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:24 AM||3261 km||2026 miles||1761 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.