Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, December 28, 2012 at 10:23 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, January 5, 2013 at 3:59 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.12 meters/second, 1616.8 kilometres/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.4"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 24.8"||1004.55 mi||West||0° 11' 20.8"||12.99 mi||South||1004.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 07' 58.7"||769.15 mi||East||4° 36' 31.3"||316.66 mi||South||832.42 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:34 AM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:34 AM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:34 AM||1840 km||1143 miles||994 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Wed 4:34 AM||2062 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||N|
|Apia *||Thu 4:34 AM||2244 km||1394 miles||1212 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Wed 4:34 AM||2533 km||1574 miles||1368 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:34 AM||2613 km||1624 miles||1411 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 3:34 AM||2645 km||1643 miles||1428 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 4:34 AM||2660 km||1653 miles||1436 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:34 AM||2991 km||1859 miles||1615 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.